Whoopsie, disappeared again there, but lo! I am back.
The final version of Blackwood has been turned in after a last round of changes and copy edits, and I wrote my dedication and acknowledgements–or Ded & Acks as I titled the file, noting that it would be an excellent name for a band. I got a little teary. We also clobbered tax prep over the weekend (commence the waiting and hoping it's not too painful). And, best of all, I now have approval to proceed on the new book. (I am SO excited about this book.) Anyway: whew! And it's only Monday.
Oh, and I have a looong feature in this week's issue of PW. If you're a subscriber and interested in the state of parenting and child care books, there you go. And now a few little links.
- Laini Taylor says John Carter is good and that's more than enough for me to go see it. (I've actually heard lots of positive stuff, and am looking forward to it. The other night when I asked C if he wanted to go see it, he at first acted as if I was trying to trick him…which I'm assuming can be credited to the negative pre-movie chatter Laini talks about.) (While not a quid pro quo, I did use the opportunity to make him agree to see Hunger Games. Mwahaha!)
- Treasure trove of lost Hollywood jewelry discovered; pictures to swoon for. And not just any jewels–behold an entire drawer of bejeweled daggers!
- In less happy news, YA legend Francesca Lia Block is having some major struggles with Bank of America to stay in her home, after being trapped in a bad mortgage. She's asking for help spreading the word. (Via Dave Elzey.) Her influence on the field can't be overstated. I hope she gets the resolution she clearly deserves.
- This gorgeous edition of Kelly Link's "Stone Animals" illustrated by many authors and artists is just, well, gorgeous.
- Betsy reviews Katherine Applegate's new middle grade book, The One and Only Ivan, which I loved. My review's in this month's Locus.
- It's time for the DABWAHA, aka the online book tourney coordinated by Sarah Wendell and Jane Litte that always expands my TBR by a metric ton.
2 thoughts on “Monday Hangovers & Etc.”
dunno if our getting the word out helped, but FLB was featured in a PRI radio story on the show MARKETPLACE about the hopeful settlements of underwater mortgages. thanks for picking it up as well.
Hopefully it will shame BofA into doing what they should be already! Loveloved your post.
Comments are closed.