- When the starred items threaten to overwhelm, a links post must be done.
- So far, I prefer Carolyn’s take on the whole "woe, publishing is screwed" piece. And I’m hoping Kassia will weigh in. (Also from Carolyn over at Jacket Copy, a post on a new Claudette Colbert biography. Want.)
- Jeff VanderMeer directs readers to his forthcoming Predator novel and Brian Evenson’s Alien one.
- Justine’s on tour in support of her fabulous, witty-as-hell new novel How to Ditch Your Fairy. Go see her. And read the book!
- Heidi at Amazon makes Siobhan Dowd’s Bog Child sound wonderful.
- Terry Teachout on the announcement that Dana Gioia is leaving the NEA.
- Kelley Eskridge posts memorably about Stephen King. Also, don’t miss Kelley’s recent post about vidding, which inspired Karina Melendez to put together an amazing vid for Kelley’s story "Strings." There’s a Youtube link here. More vids about books and stories, please.
- I like it when Maud posts about that old-time religion.
- Airship ladies at Meghan’s Tumblr.
- Small Beer has just published Geoff Ryman’s The King’s Last Song. YAY. And the critics are seeing stars over Kelly’s forthcoming YA collection Pretty Monsters. Extra YAY.
2 thoughts on “Tuesday Hangovers”
Thanks, Gwenda, I appreciate the shout-out for Karina’s vid. I’ve never seen anything like it before, that recombining of text to make a story that is different but still fundamentally connected… a new way for people to respond to fiction they love, to make it uniquely theirs. Blew me away. And made me want to go out and get all the right software to start vidding Stephen King… (grin).
Gwenda, I’m glad you liked the vid. I sure enjoyed mashing it up.
Kelley, while the Macs make it to your doorstep, you can try free software that runs on the Windoze peecees. There’s the t@b ZS4 Video Editor. I look forward to your Stephen King vids.
Comments are closed.