- First of all, congratulations to the fabulous Micol Ostow who has finally announced the big news that she and her brother have sold their collaborative YA graphic/novel hybrid to Flux. Yay! (Also, props to her significant other Noah Harlan, whose latest production, Tehilim, will be competing at Cannes!)
- Join in MotherReader’s Second Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge, if you’re so inclined. (Via Fuse.)
- Cynthia Leitich Smith interviews Kelly Bingham about her debut novel Shark Girl.
- Max offers some thoughts about the disappearance of book sections, and how it’s likely an inevitable side effect of the future of newspapers not being in print.
- The Cutters won the Little 500 this year. (Via Pooks.) Here’s a little blast from the past from when we watched "Breaking Away" writer Steve Tesich’s other movies and I google-investigated whatever happened to him.
- Book Nerd reviews Paco Underhill’s Why We Buy.
- Kameron Hurley on Grindhouse (makes me want to see the first half and leave).
- Cory Doctorow interview on the Viable Paradise Podcast.
- China Mieville profile, discussing Un Lun Dun.
- Head over the LBC this week for fun centered around Mark Binelli’s Sacco and Vanzetti Must Die.
3 thoughts on “Wednesday Hangovers”
Thanks for the shout out and the link to indiewire, aunt gwenda! they’ve just tapped noah to blog from the red carpet, so stick with us for all your french film gossip needs….
I expect all the dirt. 🙂
YAY CUTTERS! That’s so awesome — gotta see that movie again.
Comments are closed.