- Well, Superman excitement aside, we’re going to hold off seeing it until tomorrow or Friday so we can go see my favorite Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers’ movie, Top Hat, at the Kentucky Theatre tonight.
- Patrick Nielsen Hayden points out that we’re now living in a Kim Stanley Robinson novel.
- Fantagraphics is reissuing the fantastic Castle Waiting, which I dearly love.
- Via Patrick Samphire, a UK site compiles a partial list of what some teen readers do/don’t like in the books they read.
- Tod Goldberg on what he learned from teaching this quarter.
- The Guardian on Angela Carter. (Via Theresa Duncan.)
2 thoughts on “Wednesday Hangovers”
For “is reissuing” read “has reissued”. The Fantagraphics HC of all the previously published Castle Waiting issues came out a couple of weeks ago. It’s a lovely physical object.
Read all in one sitting, though, the story suffers a bit from the extremely long flashback of the nun’s story, with it’s internal flashbacks. Ten years from now, when this is just the first volume of a larger work, this might not be a problem.
Non sequitor: I got my copy of the new Kage Baker collection from Nightshade today. I am really starting to love those guys.
I can not believe I just committed “it’s”. Damn.
Comments are closed.