Publication day has arrived! Let there be a celebration of Lois across the land!
Speaking of: tonight join in a live watch and tweet party of Superman: The Movie, featuring Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder as my very first Lois Lane. The fun starts at 8 p.m. EDT on twitter, using the hashtag #loislanefallout. More info on this and other Lois Lane-related online plans here.
And if you’re headed out for Free Comic Book Day tomorrow, press copies you see in local shops into the hands of strangers. THANK YOU. 😉
If you read only one Lois-related thing today, make it this essay by my fabulous editor Beth Brezenoff, “Of Loud Girls and Lois.” Spoiler alert: It made me cry.
I could not ask to work with a better publishing or PR team than Capstone’s, and I’m so, so grateful for all their efforts on behalf and support of this book.
— Gwenda Bond (@Gwenda) May 1, 2015
A smattering of other new things:
- An interview with DC Women Kicking Ass (who says lovely things about the book).
- An interview with Robin Herrera at the VCFA Launchpad (grad school represent!).
- A new review at Nerd Problems: “Fans of any decade of mystery meets YA fiction will love ‘Lois Lane: Fallout’. And hopefully this is just the start of all our Lane adventures to come in this series. Fantastic writing, impeccable character development and characters you cannot help but love!”
- A new review at Teen Reads: “Young adult readers will definitely appreciate this fresh take on classic characters no matter how familiar they may already be. I hope that this continues as a series and I’m definitely interested in checking out more of Bond’s work.”
- And a just-published-today in-depth review by Tim Hanley at Comics Journal: “Lois Lane: Fallout is an innovative and overdue revitalization of Lois Lane, and stands on its own as a stellar YA debut for the character, but it also fits in well with DC Comics’ larger aims.”
- More to come, so keep an eye on the at the Lois Lane: Fallout official Tumblr!
And one last reminder that Fallout’s Launch Party will be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Lexington, Kentucky, next Friday, May 8 at 7 p.m. Out of town? Jo-Beth will happily ship you a signed copy. Just call or email them to order. And there will be a special Lois-themed menu in the café, which is basically among the funnest things ever.
Thank you all again for the pub day well wishes and word spreading — I’m completely overwhelmed by your loveliness. You’re all superheroes to me.