Today is release day in the UK and Australia! Purchase links for those corners of the world:
Amazon.co.uk | Book Depository | Waterstones | WHSmith
And the US links again:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Indiebound | Powells
You can find out more about all this month's releases from Strange Chemistry here. (And Blackwood and a handful of other SC e-books remain on mega-sale.)
The new book and I are still popping up in the cybercorners of the world:
- The Book Notes feature at largehearted boy is one of my all-time favorite blog features; I adore it. And so I'm thrilled to be over there today offering up a playlist for THE WOKEN GODS. Go forth and read, then stream it. (I might have gotten a little carried away with the number of songs, but I pared down from my first draft of essential tunes–I promise! Of course, the master playlist had about 80-100 songs on it, so… These are the mega-repeat listens, the book's soundtrack in my head.)
- I also have a new interview up today by Dash Cooray, filled with writing advice (including what I think the trick to a career is), info on what's next from me, and more.
- Over at Kirkus, John DeNardo picks his Best Bets for Science Fiction & Fantasy Books in September, and yours truly is honored and delighted to be included alongside the likes of Paolo Bacigalupi, Stephen King, Margaret Atwood, and Jamie Lee Moyer.
- Lovely review at Bull Spec magazine's site; snippet: "All three teens and their parents are wrapped in a save-the-world-from-disaster scenario which uses the DC landscape and buildings for things which you will have to read to believe. This is an exciting urban fantasy adventure which hopefully will get further volumes. The characters are engaging and the setting familiar but with strange twists. One of the most enjoyable young adult contemporary tales set in the US that Your Humble Reviewers have read in a long while." *beam*
- A happy-making review from Kate Ormand; snippet: "THE WOKEN GODS is a captivating story of secrets, mysteries, lies and adventure, blending rich mythology with a contemporary setting. I’d recommend to fans of Neil Gaiman, Zoë Marriott and Cassandra Clare. I was already a fan of Gwenda Bond after reading her debut novel, BLACKWOOD." *double beam*
- Anndd signed copy giveaway is still going at the Book Cellar.
Thanks to all of you who've tweeted, retweeted, facebooked, reblogged, cheered–I'm grateful to each and every one of you. And please feel beyond free to send/tweet me pics of the book in the wild should you encounter it, let me know what you think if you read it, and, if you enjoy it, consider leaving a review at Amazon, GoodReads, B&N, or tell a friend. Books (and authors) live (or die) by word of mouth.
Now for some photographicals Christopher snapped at the signing event Tuesday night at Joseph-Beth, which was so much fun:
Many thanks to everyone who came out and to the store.
And thanks to Christopher, who agreed to help out with a brief bonus reading from the middle grade we've been working on together (and which we just finished up a round of revisions on). I suspect his dragon stole the show. As he put it, he's the Benedict Cumberbatch of Kentucky. And he also got me this necklace for our ninth anniversary.
I might have picked it out.
If you're local and missed the event, I'll be at the Morris Book Shop at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14.
4 thoughts on “Release Day Redux + Photographical”
Happy book birthday, happy anniversary, and HAPPY DRAGON THERE’S A DRAGON?!
SO cool, Gwenda! Congrats!!!!
Thank you, my dear! (The dragon is my favorite!)
Thanks much, lady!
Comments are closed.