- HILARIOUS subtitle screen caps from Cambodian Twilight (and Avatar bonus) DVDs, courtesy of Elizabeth Law's recent vacation.
- Things found in books, over at ABE.
- Deb Coates has a great rant about complaints that there are too many "ass-kicking women" in fiction these days.
- Andrea Seigel on The Bachelor. Someone give Andrea a TV column already. I don't even care about this show and still enjoyed her browbeating it.
- Marie Mockett has an excellent post about what she learned being a new author among a fall of Big Books in 2009. A must read for anyone who wants to think differently about promoting their books. Especially toward the end, when she discusses playing up different elements of the book (Japanese fairy tales!), I got more interested in reading it.
- PW looks at the children's category this week, and it's worth making your way through the whole issue. You can start with the excellent feature on the popularity of dystopias in YA.
- Finally, it's official: Marisa Meltzer's mom wins the cool mom sweepstakes. (Indie variety, of course.)
1 thought on “Wednesday Hangovers”
so nice! yeah, someone, please.
Comments are closed.