- Gavin has the goods on lots of exciting interpretations of Kelly’s "The Girl Detective," both visual and auditory.
- Chris McLaren arrives in Melbourne, Australia, and wacky hijincks ensue. I’m thinking this is one of those things that makes a better anecdote than experience.
- The fabulous Kate Angelella just pointed me to The Pierces’ 13 Tales of Love and Revenge. I like it.
- John Crowley asks which is easier to write, sadness or joy.
- PW’s Rose Fox on negative reviews.
- Clara Bow film and documentary on YouTube (with bonus Louise Brooks — who my Mac is named after).
- Ysabeau on the art of Walton Ford.
- Jeff VanderMeer tells you how to write a novel in two months.
- I am very excited about Hudson (aka Maureen’s impending new dog), so post all you like about him, Maureen.
- And now a class meeting… and later a new advisor.
1 thought on “Thursday Hangovers”
Today’s bit of Australian office culture:
When I came in this morning the fridges in the office kitchen that have held the Coke all week were full of beer, and locked shit. (The soda was in a different fridge.)
At 4PM they unlocked the fridge, and put out snacks, and apparently the game is to see if the office can drink all the beer in the fridge between 4PM and 5PM.
Even though they had only see-through beer, I did my bit, and I am proud to report that the fridge was bare with seven minutes to spare.
Australians, in this regard and several others, remind me of Canadians.
Comments are closed.