- New York Magazine has an excerpt from Shaun Tan’s The Arrival. I can vouch that this book is knockout excellent and you will want to be getting your hands on a copy.
- Susan Cooper on how much the Dark is Rising movie will suck at NPR — I am glad to see her airing this publicly. Too often Hollywood gets away with this idiocy purely because it’s seen as bad form to complain. Well, I say it’s bad form to screw up classic books like this.
- Sci Fi Wire has a story about the Lady Churchill’s anthology.
- Top Chef q and a with the final three. (I’m rooting for Casey, but, honestly, I’d be happy with any of these guys.) And Frank Bruni in the NYT on the cult of the celebrity chef.
- Ysabeau recommends Deathray magazine, which sounds fab.
- Carolyn on George Saunders-palooza at Pitt.
- Jo Knowles (whose book I will write about Very Soon) interviews Sara Zarr.
- The new Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror volume is out; TOC at the link.
- New Kelly Link story "Light" in the current issue of Tin House and online for free. Gavin has the goods on a Friday night reading too.
- The Cybils are now open for nominations.
1 thought on “Wednesday Hangovers”
You might enjoy this audio interview with “Story of a Girl” and “Sweethearts” author Sara Zarr.
Comments are closed.