- Austin has a fabulous George Saunders quote on capturing significant details in fiction.
- Andy Duncan shares some of his favorite novel and short story openings. He’s also been writing letters to the editor.
- Fortune cookie fortunes get depressing. Once in high school, I got a fortune that only had a period. Top that.
- The Boing Boing TV show in the Times.
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews the one and only Karen Joy Fowler about the new Jane Austen Book Club movie over at Amazon. We haven’t seen it yet, but soon.
- Jenny D on Margaret Cho’s new show, The Sensuous Woman, which I so want to see.
- Niall Harrison has a fascinating post on Kelly’s new story, "Light"; both the story and the post are must-check-outs.
- Yet another great review for the Lady Churchill’s anthology — this one by Adrienne Martini in the Baltimore City Paper.
1 thought on “Monday Hangovers”
You’re sure it was a period and not just a smudge on a blank fortune?
My favorite fortune cookie fortune was one I received the first week at my last job: “You can always find a way out.” After a couple of years, I finally did.
Comments are closed.