cket.From the last week and to come this week, mostly inspired by Jules and Eisha’s weekly kicks over at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast.
2. First tomatoes from the garden. Need I say more? YUM.
3. A hike yesterday afternoon through the Tom Dorman Nature Preserve to see the cliffs of the Palisades. Aside from the long uphill climb and the murderous daggery plants near the river, pretty much perfect. The dogs would agree.
4. Putting in my pre-VC MFA residency Godiva shampoo order at Amazon and having it only cost 23 cents (gift certificate!).
5. Two excellent days of work on revising le novel that got me entirely back on track. I should be all caught up on revision by the end of this week and on to new stuff just in time to get in a groove before the residency–where I actually hope to get some writing done this time. (Perhaps overly ambitious, and I may just succumb to the summer charms of wine and iniquity, but we’ll see.)
6. A day off on Wednesday.
7. Three excellent mornings of
ninja trainingyoga in a row.
8. Simmone Howell’s Notes from the Teenage Underground. I LOVE this book.
9. Oh, and sometime last week, I hit 1,000 posts at this particular incarnation of ye olde Shaken & Stirred, but forgot to say anything to mark the occasion. So, happy 1,012th post. Y’all rock.