The wonderful Susan at Chicken Spaghetti tagged me for the 8 things meme. Sayeth the rules:
For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. Working a window shade or blinds — of any kind except the Roman variety — is like doing extreme physics for me. Christopher swears this is easy to do and most people learn to deal with them as children. I’m very skeptical.
2. I floss every day. And I don’t really understand you non-daily flossers.
3. I grew up in a county with only one stoplight, fifteen minutes away from my house.
4. I read the complete works of William Shakespeare between the ages of 11 and 13.
5. In high school, I wrote a lot of poetry about George Bush, Sr. If you’d like, I might be persuaded to
humiliate my younger selfpost one.
6. So many of these are about my youth because we are at my parents’ house right now, in Bond, Ky.
7. I often pretend to be a spy. Sometimes I wonder if now I really am one.
8. Nine times out of ten, I know whether I’m going to like a book by the end of the first paragraph. And why.
I would tag, but I am too the lazy to go posting in comments. Also, I can’t remember who has already done this one and who hasn’t, so if you haven’t done it yet and want to then go forth and listicate.
4 thoughts on “The Basic 8”
Regarding #8, really interesting. I’m curious what are some books in that 10% that have proven the exception?
The most recent examples I can think of are Un Lun Dun and Tripping to Somewhere. In both cases, there’d been enough high recommendations that I continued reading anyway.
Thanks for playing along, Gwenda.
I can understand the blinds thing. I am still occasionally challenged by revolving doors.
Revolving doors terrify me.
Comments are closed.