Sore throat’s back, with a cough. (And I never get coughs!) But I’m rethinking my novel and taking in as much as I can and some nice person gave me cough drops, so everything will be okay. Assuming I get some sleep tonight.
- Matthew Cheney has all the goods on how you can help indie publishers being hurt by the AMS/PGW debacle.
- Jeff VanderMeer on what he’s seeing while reading for Best American Fantasy.
- Peter Matthiessen admits that establishing The Paris Review was part of his CIA cover story. (Via Maud.)
- John Crowley on books that critics, reviewers, and even readers love, but which the writers may consider failures, jumping off a Zadie Smith comment. (Girl can give an interview.)
- An oldish Terri Windling article on Gypsies. Fabulous!
- Lauren Cerand on poetry over at Callie’s place.
- This Book is For You on Glamour magazine (pro). I know I’m always happy the years that’s the women’s magazine that my dad accidentally subscribes to.