- And now I officially know how cold is TOO cold. Brrrr. Sore throat miserably hanging on, cough cough cough, as am I — tonight’s my last night here, then one in a hotel, then HOME HOME HOME. (Yes, Carrie, I’m taking the echinacea/goldenseal/usnea/vitamin C cocktail at least twice a day — it may be keeping me going.)
- Scholar’s Blog is a new one to me — an independent English scholar focusing on fantasy books, including lots of ones for children. See also: her excellent children’s and YA book meme, which I’ll do as soon as I have time. (Via Big A little a.)
- Daniel Handler reviews kids’ etiquette books for the NYT.
- Bizarro World: 1949 Time piece that touches on the fad of SF. (Via Matt.)
- Chicken Spaghetti compiles a list of all the formal Best ofs for children’s books in 2006. Particularly handy if you are deciding what to read this semester.
- Jenny D posts an amazing little excerpt from The Invention of Telepathy.
- Maud on Jesus Camp.
3 thoughts on “Freaking Freezing Hangovers”
Sorry you’ve been sick, and that your trip coincided with the first true blast of winter–the temps this morning (-4, wind chill -18) were absolutely the norm for this time of year when we moved here five years ago. Although you can’t tell it today, every winter since has been progessively milder than the last. Glad the residency was a positive experience; come back when the Green Mountains are actually green.
Thanks for the link to my meme – have fun with it !
gracias for the link. Lots of folks found their way to the list of lists through your site. Your experience up in VT sounds cool–or should that be downright cold?
Comments are closed.