- Stealth train.
- An excellent poem: "Cinderella’s Diary" by Ron Koertge. (Note: Link may expire soon.) (Via Old Hag.)
- Amazon’s best SF picks of 2006 include some of my favorites — notably Jeff VanderMeer’s Shriek, the American issue of The Good Fairies of New York, and a forthcoming collection of work from Avram Davidson, one of my favorite short story writers. And Tim Powers new novel and Chris Adrian’s Night Hospital which I haven’t gotten around to yet, but definitely want to read. (No work by the ladies, though; frown.)
- A fab Zadie Smith interview. (Via Mr. Barzak.)
- A great post about the horrors of the writing process from Tricia Sullivan.
- Jonathan Strahan has released the TOC for the first volume of his new The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year for Night Shade Books and it’s a doozy. Along with a great story by one of my housemates (note: the one I’m married to, not Emma or Hemingway), there’s just So Many Great Stories. I seriously can’t wait to read this one. Wow.
- There’s lots of goodies (including some art and the first chapter) over at the lovely site for Cassandra Care’s City of Bones. I hear there are advance copies in the wild; some nice publicist send me one, ‘kay?
- PW’s list of best teen books of the year over at the ever-fabulous Bookshelves of Doom, with commentary. A very fine list.
- Have a nice weekend. We’re off to take the cat to the vet for his yearly exam and then to see Stranger Than Fiction.
2 thoughts on “Friday Hangovers”
I love that book of poems, FEVER by Ron Koertge.
I devoured it in a day. He’s got a great one about Superman in there, too.
Thank you for your support.
Comments are closed.