- Lots of interesting TV news coming out of the press previews this week. The Watcher had dirt on Gilmore Girls (who knew the new showrunner was such a, uh, Project Runway fan aka Klum stalker?) and Veronica Mars (boo 13 episode order and ominous talk about the need to pull ratings) yesterday. And Medialoper has more good related links, including one to (quasi-TV related here) a preview of Joss Whedon’s new Buffy comic. I just finished catching up on his fabulous run on The Astonishing X-Men and can’t wait for this (and more X-stallments).
- Mr. Cavin relaunches. Don’t worry, sir, you’ve got plenty of style.
- Scott at SlushPile solves The Curious Incident of the Cruise-Holmes Invisible Baby. It involves Merlin.
- Cecil provides a warm, sensible response to a misguided letter criticizing the content of her excellent novel The Queen of Cool. Which you’ve all read by now, right? Thought so.
- Sarah Monette has some fascinating ruminations on race and growing up in Oak Ridge as part of blog against racism week.
- Stolen from Medialoper (link above), Dwight Shrute on what would happen when the cast of Battlestar Gallactica crash land on the Lost island: First of all, they would have lasers. Adama would quickly secure the hatch for his crew. The survivors of the Oceanic flight 815 would be herded up like little children and inspected like cattle.
- Tidbits from a Louisville symposium on the future of the library.
- Hank Stuever on Brad Pitt: Soon Brad or Angie will begin showing up and just laying on hands. He’ll spit in the dirt and make clay and rub it on the eyes of the blind. People will clamor just to touch the frayed hem of his cargo pants. As if they already don’t.
2 thoughts on “Wednesday Hangovers”
Say, thanks for the plug. All that stuff I said about two sidebars? It was jealousy. Your pad inspired me to try a couple of things at home, and thank you very much for that, too.
I love that Joss Whedon Astonishing X Men. It was so awseome. I’m hoping to catch his panel at comic con!
COMIC CON! My first! I am like a dork on crack right now with all the delciousness that will be there!
And thanks for the props. That was a hard thing to write. Between you and me (and everyone else) I kind of wanted to cry.
Comments are closed.