Skip to content
- I will catch up on email at some point in the nearish future.
- Hank Stuever examines the age-old Marvel vs DC test in the WaPo.
- Also, in the WP, Sarah Kaufman profiles cyclist Floyd Landis, who some people persist on cheering for.
- Andy Duncan on why he loves U.S. Transportation Secretary (outgoing) Norman Yoshio Mineta.
- Bookshelves of Doom corners Scott Westerfeld and asks him some, well, relatively easy but still very interesting questions. Wrong-un means something else in the South, by the by, such as, "You’ve got the wrong-un."
- Paul Collins reviews a book I really have to lay hands on: Hollow Earth: The Long and Curious History of Imagining Strange Lands, Fantastical Creatures, Advanced Civilizations, and Marvelous Machines Below the Earth’s Surface. (Via Jenny D.)
- During your fireworks tomfoolery, keep watch for the Moon and Jupiter, who’ll be out on a date somewhere around the southern horizon. Have fun. Keep all your fingers.