- Apologies if I have rudely not responded to your email yet. It’s a large club.
- The cinetrix runs a great exchange from film columnist Alan Smithee about which movie adaptations are better than the books they’re based on.
- Dave Schwartz on Scandanavian writer Sigrid Undset’s Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy.
- The Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- The Slate article about bizarre theorizing that Stephin Merritt is a racist is, well, bizarre. A bit of a misanthrope*? Maybe. (And apparently with good reason.) A racist? Seems like a Plastic Man-caliber stretch. (Via Ed.)
- Birnbaum v. David Mitchell.
- Disney and the Erotic Art of Dying by Benjamin Buchholz at Identity Theory. (Via Theresa Duncan.)
- A story on Carol Emswhiller’s Nebula win, featuring some charming quotes. (Via its generator, the Slush God himself.)
- Finally, best news of all: Scott has made the NYT bestseller list for chapter books with the final book in the kick-ass Uglies trilogy, Specials. Let there be great rejoicing. And reading!
*Who knew there was a French Extreme Metal band inspired by Moliere?