Hey all, once again here I am with the Friday apology for sparse, crappy content this past week. And once again, I pledge to do better next week. There will be tumbleweeds here over the weekend, likely; it looks to be busy. Tonight we’re off to a sold out Loretta Lynn show, for which I’m told we have awesome seats. Tomorrow night, the refurbished, limping, zombie-like write club meets. The gym must be gone to, as my limbs feel like they are filled with sand from a week(ish) of gym avoidance. And somewhere in between I have to finish the book and write a new story to turn in at Christopher’s class on Wednesday night. (Did I mention I have no idea whatsoever for the story? Lemurs, anyone?) And I really will answer all that email I’m so offensively behind on this weekend. So, yeah, busy. I’m sure y’all are too. (Oh, and I’m starting to get very excited about the big Thanksgiving this year.)
- A study of the effectiveness of tin foil helmets. (Is there anything cuter than a geeky boy in a tin foil hat?) (Thanks, Christopher!)
- A thread on post-apocalyptic literature, something for which I have a soft spot. Add your own suggestions. (Via Ed, I think.)
- Michelle Richmond on the lovely junk mailness of the new McSweeney’s issue.
- I am totally coveting Colleen’s bookmail this week. AND she has fabulous taste. You’re reading her, right? See also: her guest recommendation at Moorish Girl.
- Another excellent post from Japan from Mr. Barzak. (Although, I really, really wish you were going to be here for Thanksgiving — we will call again, sir.)
- I really want to see the new Johnny Cash movie and Shop Girl. Why are they not on here yet?
- Reasons Why I Love the SF Tribe No. 102: Because our dust-ups can actually involve debates about whether venom cock appears in the finished text.
- (updated) Sigh: Arrested Development canceled.