Sorry for the sparse content; busy, tired, distracted, all of the above. Last night was the first night in a couple of weeks I’ve been too tired to do any work on the book at all. The not working is its own punishment, as always.
- The Old Hag interviewed in her capacity as Empress of Girl’s Life on a beigey web site. (I posted her calll for submissions awhile back; more information about what GL is looking for in the interview.) (And I’m buying Ms. Skurnick’s poetry chapbook as soon as the wallet recovers from the Car Bill of Doom.) Oh, and she’s running a contest. (Interview link via Cynsations.)
- Toni with an excellent long post about writing and publishing (read it!). Hard work and "luuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvve" are the watchwords.
- Jenny D recommends the most excellent sounding The Trouble with Tom: The Strange Afterlife and Times of Thomas Paine by Paul Collins. Sez she: "… lots of skeletons and weird medical-history facts, aside from its other charms." I’m in.
- Mely at Coffee and Ink adds cooking to her polymath list — a long, charming, envy-making post (me + kitchen + cooking = emergency room visit) about her first three months learning to cook.
- New Mary Roach book. (If someone sent me a copy, I’d be very, very happy… Just saying.)