- So, re: spiders. Kristin is living what I would generously call my own personal third circle of hell.
- Everybody loves the 1918 flu virus. (Are we really still calling this the "Spanish flu"? Why not the "Kansas flu"? Can’t we all just stick with the Great Influenza? If you were a strain, wouldn’t you want to be the Great one?)
- Jeff has the latest on the new snake-handling for kids: swallowing goldfish for Jesus. (Who always was a bit of a drinker and party trickster.)
- Bookgasm finds a lot to like in the new McSweeney’s YA anthology with the really long name. (I’m looking forward to this one.)
- Julian Rubinstein guest blogs at TEV. Ask him about Hungarian criminal geniuses.
- Mattia Valente rounds up the three new shows that want to be Lost. (I personally find Threshold watchable because of Peter Dinklage and the sheer B-movie unbelievability of it. Haven’t seen the others. Haven’t seen much of Threshold–but I love it when a black helicopter swoops in to pick up a girl.)
1 thought on “Friday Hangovers”
nodody expects the spanish influenza.
Comments are closed.