Snitched from Meghan. Stuff I like, because sometimes it’s good to stop and think about good stuff.
1. Wallaby brand Australian-style yogurt. Seriously, the most delicious yogurt in the world. You must try. You will be happy. Orange Passion Fruit flavor. Any flavor. Yum.
2. Magic. Not the kind with the K. The kind with magicians and tricks and fascinating histories, etc.
3. Freaks. Obviously. But for lots of reasons, including an innate pull toward outsiders of any kind. (Also, related to the link: anything that Rosamond Purcell does.)
4. Television. Unapologetically, I love it. (Only good television, obvs., or at least so bad it’s entertaining.) After a long day, after a short day. I try not to watch it in huge lumps of time, but I don’t feel guilty when I do. And what would you do when you were sick if TV didn’t exist?
5. The VA parking garage. We just got a permit for the VA parking garage, which is across the street from our gym. Previously, going to the gym involved vulture-circling for a spot and paying way too much into a meter. Now it just involves a half-a-block walk. It’s the little things.
6. Hawaii. I very much want to go back. It’s a magic place (again, not with the K, but this time not with the tricks either). All this Jack London and Mark Twain talk of late is making me long.
7. These shoes. (With kudos to the Style Queen.) Now if only I could find/afford a pair.
8. Being in motion. Even if it’s in my chair, typing away.
9. A really great conversation. Especially with someone I just met.
10. Mr. T. Because he defies logic.
11. Music with some space. I like music that has a landscape in it that you can freefall through.
12. Songs you can’t help singing along to. "Jessica," "Who’s Got the Crack?" (or anything by The Moldy Peaches, really), "Moonshiner," "Heliopolis by Night," etc.
13. The South. Which shall not rise again.
14. Teenagers. They rock, they’re infuriating, they’re like matches waiting to throw sparks. It’s why I write about and for them.
15. A new Karen Joy Fowler novel. This is an official request of the universe and Karen. (Actually, KJF in general would be perfectly at home on this list too.)
16. Giving someone a present. Is there anything better? (Obligatory Xmas pressies not included.)
17. You. Assuming you’re not creepy.
(p.s. Gmail has been down (for me, anyway) all day, but seems to be back up. So if I owe you a reply from the last couple days, expect it later tonight.)