- Colleen Lindsay on this week’s YA query cliches: "Vampire spelled Vampyre, Wompyre, Vompyre, or any other way." Hee. (See also, unrelated, her remembrance of Sir Arthur Clarke, R.I.P. Matt Cheney has a good post too.)
- Jeff Ford compiles a soundtrack for The Shadow Year over at largehearted boy. (Via Jeff.)
- Kassia plugs books I love on the radio. Yay! And she also has a typically great, thoughtful post about how teenagers interact with the Web and how publishers are sucking at using new media.
- Justine had a great post about the writing biz and luck the other day, which reminded me of a great old Wordplay column by Frank Darabont where he talks about making your own luck. The Happiness Project has a timely post on the very same subject.
- Colleen has a nice post following on Barack Obama’s AMAZING speech about race.
- An interview with Adam Rex, of the fabulous, Cybils-winning The True Meaning of Smekday.
- Austin Kleon went to a q and a session with David Simon and did a great write-up. But this resulting cartoon is why Austin’s a mad genius:
1 thought on “Thursday Hangovers”
Thanks for the tip-off to JL’s post. So true.
Comments are closed.