Well, gang, I’m packeting the rest of the week, so things will be bumpy around here. Or possibly calm as a … very calm sea. In the meantime:
- Interesting conversations here and here that I’ve more or less stayed out of (or attempted to anyway) because I don’t have time (and I’ve lost my Night Shade log-in/password). I do want to say though, that Gordon Van Gelder deserves a lot of credit for starting this discussion in the first place. Skim past any username with a Truesdale or a Francis Murphy in it to avoid getting bogged down in nonsensical flames and it’s a wide-ranging, worthwhile discussion. (It’s about whether there’s a gender bias at work at F&SF.) I say, ladies of SF, send him your stories. Please.
- Lionel Shriver on reviewing.
- Have I mentioned the Alan DeNiro dance party at the LBC yet today? Nope? Go there. Also, watch Gavin’s video games.
- Sarah Prineas has an excellent post about writing with kids (or any other distraction).
- Robot community! (Via Fuse.)
- The YA YA YAs explore the Chinese stereotypes in Gene Yang’s American Born Chinese.
- Cecil’s Beige is out and it is so FABULOUS. Buy buy buy. More as soon as I have a brain and time.