- The email is vanquished. If you didn’t get a response to something and you should’ve, send me another email. I found at least a couple of legitimate ones in the spam files and suspect a few more got nuked to the archive by my overzealous clicking. Also, now send me new messages! I have practically no email! And I vow to keep up with it from now on!
- Small Beer Press has newsiness galore, including the goods on their 2007 books (Liz Hand! John Crowley! Laurie Marks! The Interstitial Anthology! Pre-order now!) and the new, 10th anniversary issue of Lady Churchill’s Rosebud Wristlet (with a new, slightly ricin-obsessed advice column by yours dearly).
- A cold finds the Cinetrix doing that voodoo that she do do so well, dishing up the commentary on some recent films: Borat, The Science of Sleep and Brick.
- Justine explains point of view.
- CNN has the truth about happiness (ahem). And, of course, they provide the salary cap because how can you calculate happiness without talking moolah? The question’s only half-sarcastic; you can only half discuss it without going there or relying on platitudes. But, still, I prefer Gretchen at the Happiness Project’s approach.
- Matt Cheney’s Holiday Book Picks — I agree with all of these (except the fourish I haven’t read yet).
- Dave Moles does the Science Fiction Book Club list. (I thought about trying to come up with less sinister phrasing, but am too tired.)
- I’m actually really looking forward to the Peter Pan sequel, Peter Pan in Scarlet, after reading this review. It sounds fab.
- James Bond and cryptozoology.
- And, finally, damn interesting. (Via La Gringa.)
1 thought on “Tuesday Hangovers”
I can’t wait. Geraldine McCaughrean is one of my favouritest writers of all time. Her adult historicals are unspeakably good. That they’re out of print makes me want to cry.
Comments are closed.