- Why was I not warned this would be a busy busy busy week? With NONSTOP DEPRESSING RAIN RAIN RAIN that makes Emma the Dog SAD SAD SAD. I should have been warned. Email. It exists. It is sitting there, I know, waiting oh so patiently to be answered. Those of you who’ve forgotten you sent something, expect an unexpected response oh … sometime.
- Dzanc Books. It is the buzz all over town. Very exciting — Dan Wickett’s third step (at least) in (literary) world domination. Plus, I think we should now call him Dzanc; it’s a catchy handle.
- Madonna in Russia brings about controversy. "This vulgar pop star is abusing Christian symbols" = simpler times. Comforting.
- Roald Dahl, celebrated.
- Elizabeth Bear on POV.
- Article on the Chinese SF scene. (Via Locus.)
- The fabulousest Erin Keane wrote a piece on Swedish food for New Southerner. With recipes!
- Pinky’s links today are the best in show. Just go there. Nothing more to see here.
6 thoughts on “Wednesday Hangovers”
Maybe Emma could handle some of the email?
Not only will she not handle it, she’s figured out how to use her nose to nudge my keyboard tray under the desk where I can’t reach it — while I’m typing!
Everytime you post about handling back emails I think, “Quick! Write her an email! for no other reason than to add to the burden of her work.” But then I remember that it’s not unread emails, it’s unanswered emails, and writing an email fascinating enough to merit a reply is entirely more work than I’m up for.
Actually, a short, gossipy email nearly always merits an immediate response. It’s the ones that “deserve more” that sit and sit and sit. Endless cycle.
Hmm. So what you’re saying is that I *would* still be delaying your replies to the deep important emails. hmmm. If only I had gossip. curse this lack of slapfights!
Remember when we used to be shocked by Madonna? That was so 92. Russia, Madge is old news.
Comments are closed.