- Bennett Madison weighs in with the most sensible (and entertaining) reaction so far to the latest chick lit vs. "serious" lit dust-up.
- Scalzi vs. Westerfeld on the topic of Pluto and whether it’s a planet. I actually agree with Scott on this one, but Scalzi totally wins. That video = to die for.
- The Seattle library is offering free music downloads — sadly, only for those with Seattle public library cards. We still have to request and rip. (Via Maud.)
- George Pelecanos is guest blogging over at Sarah’s this week. One of his posts asks whether writers are anti-social in a similar way to criminals. In another, he discusses what it means to be "successful" as an artist: I was on a panel once with a novelist who bragged to the audience about his ranking on the New York Times Bestseller list, and, in the same sentence, described his recently purchased yacht. A writer friend who had witnessed this later said to me, "He doesn’t get it. This is a competition. But it’s not that kind of competition."
- Online web comics are retelling fairy tales like gangbusters. The Endicott Studio blog has the goods on some notable and one new.
- If I haven’t answered your email, my apologies. I’m barely keeping my nose above the water this week. See as proof my ghostwritten Contributor’s Note.
1 thought on “Tuesday Hangovers”
Perhaps you should try a muzzle to help you breathe better through your nasal tract. 🙂
Comments are closed.