Stuff I (mostly) didn’t get around to linking last week. (And I’m STILL woefully behind on email.)
- Popular Science article on preserving snowflakes, via Jeff Ford, who discusses just how right he was about this in Mrs. Charbuque.
- Oh boy, do I want this book.
- I’ll be linking a few of the exponentially muliplying 10 things I know about writing/publishing/life/misc lists. My favorites: Holly Black’s, Meghan McCarron’s, Justine Larbalestier’s, Greg van Eekhout’s, Rarely Likable’s and Elizabeth Bear’s.
- And Claire Light on simultaneous subs and the vast world of lit journals.
- Celebrity scents eau de surprising in a Slate piece written by Theresa Duncan.
- Also via Ms. Staircase Wit, Wesley Stace, aka John Wesley Harding, names his favorite books for adults about children in the Guardian.
- Two items of note from The Watcher: Veronica Mars moving soon to Tuesdays for rest of the season and special online episodes of The Office planned for summer.
- RIP Stanislaw Lem.
- I love this post by Maud from last week. In a week of a lot of notable posts about writing from many, many quarters, this is my favorite. It’s all about the habit of art.