- Abigail Nussbaum on the evil mothers of Veronica Mars and the connection to Hogwarts. (Double sob, no new VM until mid-January!)
- Tito reprints an interview that must be read to be believed. Farenheit 451? It’s about a "repressed firefighter."
- Bookgasm reviews a new book about King Kong.
- Colleen continues making great recommendations, this time with favorite titles from "off-the-beaten-track" of her lit shelves. (Must pick up the NM Kelby!)
- Greg Maguire tackles Gargamel. If only. (Via Sarah.)
- Janni Simner announces that her story "Practical Villainy," originally published in the last issue of Say…, will be on Escape Pod this spring. Yay!
- Ghost Word’s Franny publishes her own best of recommendations and those of some friends.
- Morrow Planet points to Lab Lit. Huh?
- Tod Goldberg makes and collects more year-end recs.
- You’ll want to check out the new group blog Contemporary Nomad; where better to start than Kevin Wignall’s request for undiscovered gems?
- Add your most anticipated titles for next year to this thread below if you haven’t done so already; I’ll break them out into a separate post Friday.
1 thought on “Thursday Hangovers”
Barth Anderson’s THE PATRON SAINT OF PLAGUES, Jeff VanderMeer’s SHRIEK: AN AFTERWORD, and Hal Duncan’s VELLUM are tops on my list. Most of my favorites just put out books (i.e. GIRL IN THE GLASS and THE NARROWS) or a highly anticipated just came out (STRANGE ADVENTURES OF RANGERGIRL or THE STAR TABLET).
Hey look! I’m back in the real world. Only four more classes to go!
Comments are closed.