- Books picked up at the library: 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel by Jane Smiley (which I picked up on a blog rec, but I can’t remember whose), Mister Boots by Carol Emshwiller, and Birdwing by Rafe Martin. I won’t even get into my pre-existing TBR stack; suffice to say it is mighty. Maybe I’ll do a list this weekend. SO much good stuff I want to be reading right now RIGHT NOW. The book I am reading right now is pretty wonderful and definitely science fiction, but it’s also an LBC candidate so no talking about it yet…
- Jennifer Weiner with a very moving entry about her dog’s worsening condition. While reading, I held my breath the entire time. I’ll spoil you: for once, this has a happy ending. He makes it. (Or a bittersweet one, anyway, since he’s still sick.)
- Rick Moody responds to Tito’s account of a public event where he and David Foster Wallace interviewed each other (or something like that). I found his comment charming and honest.
- Cynsations with some excellent thoughts on critiquing first drafts.
- O.G. Octavia Butler* on the Bat Segundo Show. Find out why she hates Survivor.
- Matthew Cheney on reading and his reaction to Dave Marusek’s Counting Heads (which, frankly, I can’t wait to read). Check out the comments as well.
- The impeccably tasteful Lauren Cerand points to a pair of delicious shoes and immediately inspires a desire for them. (Size 9, good samaritans.)
- I covet Coffee and Ink’s thing number three: My ultimate goal is world domination through book recommendations.
- David Moles condenses the reaction to Ted’s magic vs. science post.
- Bigfoot? Via BoingBoing.
- Have a great weekend.
2 thoughts on “Friday Hangovers”
Surely you and I are the only two people in the world who love both Jennifer Weiner and Caitlin Kiernan, bien etonnees de se trouver ensemble, I expect.
City Arts Lectures on the Radio
Big thanks to Robert Ellis who posted a comment with links to broadcast information for San Franciscos City Arts Lecture series. He responded to my plea for more information regarding the transmission of Rick Moodys interview by D…
Comments are closed.