- Harold Pinter wins the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Kirby Gann week continues with several more posts at the LBC.
- Hal Duncan is breaking beats over at the Geek Show.
- Sharyn November posts a fabulous article by Rachel Safko pining for the glamour days of publishing (from PW).
- RuPaul loved In Her Shoes (and I love RuPaul’s blog). (Via Jennifer Weiner.)
- Alan on Serenity’s box office.
- The WaPo gets in on the J.T. Leroy handicapping action.
- And Paul Di Filippo reviews David Morrell’s thriller Creepers.
- Margo Lanagan writing a lot makes me happy.
2 thoughts on “Thursday Hangovers”
I cannot see Bloom’s name without thinking of this lovely comment made (by Zoe Heller in The Daily Telegraph) at the fever pitch of the Naomi Wolf scandal:
But after dinner, she claims, he ignored her portfolio of poems and placed his hand on the inside of her thigh. This gesture was so shocking and repulsive to her that she leapt up and vomited in the kitchen sink, whereupon Prof Bloom – who knew a brush-off when he saw one – hastily departed, but not before pronouncing Wolf a “deeply troubled girl”.
Read the article here.
(No, I am not condoning sexual harassment, yada yada yada.)
“Forces entry into oppression’s closed rooms” indeed.
Wow, what an anecdote.
Comments are closed.