Skip to content
- A Hallmark card erodes, but spiders in amber last forever.
- Emma Garman and Lauren Cerand (aka Le Cineclub) discuss Going Shopping. (Sometimes, I think reading their back and forths would actually turn out to be better than seeing the movie.)
- To celebrate the giant squid find, fabulous poetess Erin Keane posts her "The Giant Squid Mourns the Loss of His Privacy," which is also in the latest issue of Full Unit Hookup.
- Matthew Brooke, 26, was charged Friday with felony theft of library materials and criminal damage to property. He went to the Historical Society on Thursday, according to a criminal complaint, and smashed the window on a second-floor antique display case with his elbow. He allegedly swiped the "Pennsylvania Evening Post" from inside the case. And later in the story: Brooke told detectives he took the book because he wanted to read a story on page 106 about a historical figure named William Hill. Dan Brown and Nic Cage: call your agents.
- Is this The Jet Li?
- Dr. Shrinker: who knew?
- Bizarre little NYT story about Threshold, which looks down its nose at SF the entire time. (Yeah, it must not be science fiction if it’s good, right? This is STILL happening?!)
- Rebecca Skloot on the truth about quicksand and how to get out of it.