Sorry to poof out of existence again. There were page proofs for the circus book to do (lovelove the little design elements!) and then a flurry of other work and tax stuff and various deadlines large and small. And I seem to be working on a new book that came out of nowhere, but is accumulating actual words and an outline in the form of emails to myself…so I guess I'll start a file for it and hope that doesn't spook it out of existence.
But I've collected quite a few links, so in the interest of closing ye olde tabs…
- The best news of today, obviously, is that Karen Joy Fowler won the PEN/Faulkner for her brilliant We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. Day made. (!!!)
- Genevieve wrote a great essay about Silence of the Lambs.
- Young Russian daredevil.
- Teens innovating a public form of privacy protection.
- A love story and its dissolution chronicled in yelp reviews.
- I cannot WAIT for Game of Thrones to be back.
- Some writers on dealing with criticism.
- Fascinating piece on whether some VR/simulation tech affects men and women differently: Is the Oculus Rift sexist?
- Books made of people. (And another.)
- 538 takes a look at the "Dollars-and-Cents Case Against Hollywood's Exclusion of Women."
- My kingdom to be in Paris and go to this party.