I'm beginning to hit the point in the new book where I usually disappear from the blog, but will attempt not to go poof entirely.
- "Elephant rescued from 36-foot pit after three days."
- Jodi Meadows on fighting The Doubts.
- Best sandwich idea ever. Seriously.
- "Apparently I am a failure at success" comic at Hyperbole and a Half. (Via Erin Morgenstern.)
- USA Today talks to Pam Spengler-Jaffee and Nancy Berland about publicity. I don't know Berland, but Pam is one of the best publicists in the business.
- Oldie but goodie: (The now NYT bestselling author! yay!) Austin Kleon's post about The Gift by Lewis Hyde. I love that book so. (And Trickster Makes This World is kind of the bible of my new project.)
- Julie James on the art of research interviews.
- I can't remember where I first saw these, but gorgeous long-exposure photographs.