Skip to content
- It’s shaping up to be a busy week and there’s the dreaded critical thesis and the novel revision and etc. going on too. So, yeah, still behind on email. All you in voting states, get out the vote.
- Claire Light is hosting the Carl Brandon Society’s new recommended reading list of speculative fiction by black authors, in honor of Black History Month.
- Jeff VanderMeer talks to Greg Frost about Shadowbridge (including some reaction to the recent John Clute review).
- Go wish the InKY Reading Series a happy fourth birthday on Friday night; Frank X Walker, Janna McMahan, and Emily Bonden will read, with music provided by Joe Manning.
- The latest issue of Lone Star Stories is live, featuring new fiction by Ekaterina Sedia and Tim Pratt and poetry by Liz Hand.
- Leila Roy loves Vermont College-alum Liz Gallagher’s debut, The Opposite of Invisible. It’s sitting very near the top of my stack of Books to Read as Soon as the CT Draft is Done (right beneath Wit’s End and The Shadow Year and a whole bunch of Tiptree stuff).
- Austin illustrates Lewis Hyde’s The Gift.
- Updated: Dana’s inspirational voting message. More, please.