I’m about a bajillion years behind on email, but am slowly catching up.
- There’s an excellent interview with Sara Zarr at Cynsations.
- A new Ben Rosenbaum story, "The House Beyond Your Sky," is up at Strange Horizons (which is having a great year). He talks about the story here.
- Liza Palmer on knowing what’s at stake for your characters. And also, on playing god: As a writer, you have to have the bawls to cut and add and re-name and kill people off and get raw and honest and admit when you’re wrong and laugh when you’ve taken the easy way out. And do it without looking back – know and trust that you’re right and that you know what’s best – even though that character phenomenon is nowhere else in your life – that steely cocksuredness – it has to be in this part. There is no room to be indecisive or apologetic in writing.
- Padgett Powell interviewed in The Believer. (From all over.)
- Andrea Seigel on being on tour. It sounds more fun than most. Hotel love helps, I’m sure.
- The Watcher on the new season of The Wire, the beginning of which is imminent.