- Abigail Nussbaum on Serenity’s captain, Mal Reynolds.
- The first annual Mumpsimus "Cup of Coffee for a Genius" Award is bestowed.
- Scott Danielson chronicles his progress at reading all short fiction that’s won a Nebula, Hugo or World Fantasy Award. (Via JJA.)
- Slate weighs in on the Marcus Vs. Franzen Harper’s essay thing. I tried to read it, really, I did. But I just didn’t emotionally connect with the characters.
- And a silly quiz about sense of humor (my results behind the cut — and cut off no doubt by the columns).
| the Wit
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK
You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you’re
I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.
Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it’s also the best, in my opinion.
You probably loved the Office. If you don’t know what I’m
PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart – Woody Allen – Ricky Gervais
The 3-Variable Funny Test!
| My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
|Link: The 3 Variable Funny Test written by jason_bateman|