Clearing out tabs annnnd go:
- A conversation with Cassie Clare and her dad Richard Rumelt; a fun read, and one with important takeaways about thinking strategically.
- Cynthia Leitich Smith has great tips for public speaking and panels.
- Katherine Ashe with a great guest post on the literary merit of romance.
- Cheryl Klein with a smart writing tip from the creators of South Park.
- Photos from the 1970s country music scene (Dolly!).
- My Bookish Ways top 25 most anticipated releases for September (which kindly includes Blackwood).
And a couple more Blackwood reviews--both from UK bloggers--that made me radioactively pleased:
- From Cara at the Tattooed Book (and Waterstones bookseller): "Blackwood is excellent, intelligent, YA aimed fantasy. For anyone struggling to keep a teenager engrossed in reading, or maybe even tempt them back after they've had a break, this is the kind of story that will reel them right back in!" (Yay!)
- And from Beth Kemp at Thoughts from the Hearthfire: "I picked the book up to have a quick flick through the beginning and rapidly found myself deep enough in to need to finish it (ahead of other review books that had arrived sooner - argh!). Thank goodness books don't feel jealousy!" (I would marry this review if I could! It describes exactly the book I wanted to write.)
Aside: I really love all the UK blogs I've discovered this year, and these two are both fab.
Okay, off to Chicago for things! Launch day nigh!