Okay, so even though I am SLAMMED with pre-NYC stuff*, it is amazing to see everyone sharing their agent love for Agent Appreciation Day, and I am feeling especially grateful for my agent, the wonderful Jennifer Laughran at Andrea Brown Literary, this week anyway because she just sent me notes on my new project. (Yay, new project!) Here are five reasons why she's so great:
1. I have never waited more than an hour to hear back from her on any question or query, and usually it's within minutes.
2. I have told her this before, but she gives truly great notes--it's like getting the reaction of the smartest, best reader in the world. Invaluable. She is fiercely dedicated to her clients and is also incredibly timely at reading and responding to manuscripts.
3. She is always honest and direct. I know her enthusiasm is genuine. And she doesn't yell at me for not being very good at describing whatever project I'm working on.
4. In this one, I lump all the things I can't go into detail about here, but which she knows. Yeah, that stuff.
5. She is a great *person*. I thought Jenn was wonderful way before she ever became my agent or even an agent. She has great taste and she's basically a wunderkind dynamo and hilarious to boot.
OH, I could go on, but I will stop by saying that getting to know some of Jenn's other clients has been a real gift this year. May next year rock hard and often for us all.
*Internal Q&A from today:
How do we know so many people in NY? Um, publishing.
Why don't we live there? Because we like it here(?).
There is no way we will get to see everyone, not even close, WAH! So come to the reading, and we will see you there at least.