Feeling slightly better, good enough to spend the day writing/editing and things. Everyone who goes to see Firefly start saying what you think; I want to talk about it. (But I’m going to see it again before I post about it.) The only review I’ve read so far is Salon’s, which is right on target. If you read any other reviews worth taking a look at, drop a note in the comments.
- Sources have informed me that the awesome Colleen Mondor has a new blog, and if the first couple of posts are any indication: it’s about time. Go chase Ray (Bradbury) with her.
- Ed Champion is cracking me up, as he frequently does, with a series of Auctorial Doppelgangers that starts here. My favorite so far is number two: Michael Chabon and Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Gallactica. (And Tito joins the fun as well.)
- SuperLibrarian Nancy Pearl recommends her favorite short story collections. Anyone read A Werewolf Problem in Central Russia and Other Stories by Victor Pelevin (translated by Andrew Bromfield)? That sounds fab.
- Over at the LBC, which I hope you agree is way more interesting this time around, Steve Stern responds to the dialogue and Paul Slovak, uber-editor (and the book’s publicist), gives his thoughts on the process of editing Stern.
- Scientists think they’ve found Homer’s Ithaca.
- Congratulations to you crazy kids. Much happiness!